Explore PA Wilds made products, services, branded goods and local shops in the 2023 Buyer’s Guide
Are you looking for unique and authentic products from the Pennsylvania Wilds? Do you want to support local artists, makers and businesses in this beautiful 13-county region? Check out the 2023 PA Wilds Buyer’s Guide, a free digital resource that connects you to hundreds of creative entrepreneurs and their amazing offerings.
The PA Wilds Buyer’s Guide is published every year by the Wilds Cooperative of Pennsylvania (WCO), a network of more than 500 members who are passionate about creating and selling high-quality products and services that reflect the culture and natural beauty of the PA Wilds. The WCO is managed by the PA Wilds Center for Entrepreneurship (PA Wilds Center), a nonprofit organization that promotes sustainable development, conservation, and outdoor recreation in the region.
In the Buyer’s Guide, you will find:
- A directory of professional Creative Makers, organized by medium, who sell their products at wholesale or retail prices. Whether you are looking for pottery, jewelry, photography, woodwork, textiles or more, you’ll find it here.
- A list of Trading Posts, which are retail outlets that carry PA Wilds products and often feature regionally crafted items. These are great places to shop for gifts, souvenirs or treats for yourself while supporting local businesses and communities.
- It also includes a list of our Creative Industries Partners, which are those businesses and individuals that provide a professional creative service, including writers, graphic designers, film studios, web developers, musicians, public relations agencies and more.
- A catalog of businesses that are licensed to use the PA Wilds logo on their products, giving you the opportunity to buy PA Wilds branded merchandise that showcases your love for this region.
“The PA Wilds Buyer’s Guide is more than just a shopping guide. It is a way to celebrate and support our region’s creative economy and rural vitality,” said LaKeshia Knarr, Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Director at PA Wilds Center. “By buying from our members, you are helping them grow their businesses, create jobs and preserve our natural and cultural heritage. You are also getting products that are made with care and craftsmanship, and that tell a story about the PA Wilds. We have seen that visitors at our PA Wilds Conservation Shops are excited to learn that the products they’re taking home are from our region and support local artists, and we believe this tool can provide more opportunities for that type of shopping experience for residents and visitors alike at destinations across the region.”
To download the 2023 PA Wilds Buyer’s Guide or learn more about the WCO, visit www.WildsCoPA.org/our-members today.
ABOUT THE WILDS COOPERATIVE OF PA
The Wilds Cooperative of Pennsylvania is one of rural Pennsylvania’s largest networks of creative entrepreneurs, featuring more than 500 businesses located in the Pennsylvania Wilds. The WCO seeks to grow and connect the unique establishments and creative producers central to our region’s place-based tourism development. The WCO provides members with branding and marketing tools; networking and education opportunities; access to new markets and products, and mentorship and referrals to PA’s financial and technical service programs for small businesses. The WCO is managed by the PA Wilds Center for Entrepreneurship, Inc., a regional nonprofit organization that seeks to marry conservation and economic development in the Pennsylvania Wilds. Learn more about the WCO at www.WildsCoPA.org.
ABOUT THE PA WILDS
The Pennsylvania Wilds is a 13-county region that includes the counties of Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Elk, Forest, Jefferson, Lycoming, McKean, Potter, Tioga, Warren, and northern Centre. The PA Wilds Center for Entrepreneurship, Inc., is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to integrate conservation and economic development in a way that inspires the communities of the Pennsylvania Wilds. The PA Wilds Center promotes the region as a premier outdoor recreation destination as a way to diversify local economies, inspire stewardship, attract investment, retain population and improve quality of life. The PA Wilds Center’s core programs seek to help businesses leverage the PA Wilds brand and connect with new market opportunities, including: the Wilds Cooperative of PA, a network of over 300 place-based businesses and organizations, and the PA Wilds Conservation Shop, a retail outlet primarily featuring products sourced from the WCO. For more information on the PA Wilds Center, visit www.PAWildsCenter.org. To learn more about the WCO, visit www.WildsCoPA.org. Explore the PA Wilds at www.PAWilds.com. Find regionally made products at www.ShopThePAWilds.com.
Britt Madera | Communications Manager
PA Wilds Center for Entrepreneurship, Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 570-948-1051
RECENT WCO NEWS + UPDATES
- PennWest Clarion SBDC: Empowering entrepreneurs to build successful businessesThe PennWest Clarion Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is located within the PennWest Clarion University campus, right in the I-80 Frontier landscape of the Pennsylvania Wilds and just a short drive from Cook Forest and the Ancients.
- Hygrade Inn: The Makings of a Memorable Stay in the PA WildsThe Hygrade Inn is nestled in Cameron County, located on the edge of the Dark Skies and Elk Country Landscapes of the PA Wilds. Built in 1880, the home that houses the Hygrade Inn has been a fixture on the tree-lined Main Street of Emporium for well over a century.
- Sugar Mama’s Appalachian Maple: Producing one-of-a-kind sweet treats with maple syrupRachel Courtney is the owner of Sugar Mama’s Appalachian Maple. Her interest in maple production was piqued at a young age after having a positive and delectable experience hanging out with a local maple producer.