Penn State SBDC Business Plan Bootcamp – Applications Due Dec. 29
Looking to take your business to the next level in 2024? The Penn State SBDC Business Plan Bootcamp is an 6-week accelerator program designed to take entrepreneurs and business owners through the complete journey of writing a comprehensive business plan. A well-written business plan outlines the primary purpose of a business, designs plans for the future, identifies a unique value proposition, and lays out a financial roadmap to success. With a strong business plan, you can obtain bank financing and/or attract investors, recruit and retain employees, and operate a successful business.
During the 6-week program, participants will attend 4 virtual training sessions, receive 4 one-on-one virtual coaching sessions, and get free access to LivePlan, a complete business planning tool. Upon completion of the program, participants will have a comprehensive and attractive business plan along with a pitch deck that quickly communicates their business idea to potential clients and investors.
Participation is by application only. Applications are due December 29 and selected entrepreneurs/business owners will be notified of their acceptance on or before January 3. If accepted, participants will receive free access to LivePlan software for 3 months. The winner of the final pitch competition will win a $500 PA Wilds Digital Gift Card, which can be used at any of the participating 89 businesses (learn more here: https://app.yiftee.com/gift-card/pa-wilds-kane?short_code=q6xp4pwky7mn#hiw-section).
- January 9, 10 am – Noon: 1st group coaching session
- January 16, 10 am – Noon: 2nd group coaching session
- January 23, 10 am – Noon: 3rd group coaching session
- January 30, 10 am – Noon: 4th group coaching session
- February 13, 10 am – Noon: Final pitch competition
*Participants will schedule a 1:1 coaching session with a program coach.
This program is made possible through a collaboration with The Wilds Cooperative of Pennsylvania/The PA Wilds Center for Entrepreneurship. The Business Plan Bootcamp program is a great opportunity to prepare for the 2024 Big Idea Contest, which offers a chance to win up to $50,000 to develop an innovative product, process, or technology. For more information, visit https://bfcnp.org/wildidea.*Interest in the Big Idea Contest is not required to participate in this program.
To apply for entrance into this program, please complete the program application (this will take 5-10 minutes to complete): CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION
If you’re interested in becoming a member of Wilds Cooperative of PA (WCO), please click here: www.WildsCoPa.org/join.
ABOUT THE PA WILDS
The Pennsylvania Wilds is a 13-county region that includes the counties of Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Elk, Forest, Jefferson, Lycoming, McKean, Potter, Tioga, Warren, and northern Centre. The PA Wilds Center for Entrepreneurship, Inc., is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to integrate conservation and economic development in a way that inspires the communities of the Pennsylvania Wilds. The PA Wilds Center promotes the region and its 2+ million acres of public lands as a premier outdoor recreation destination as a way to diversify local economies, inspire stewardship, attract investment, retain population and improve quality of life. The PA Wilds Center’s core programs seek to help businesses leverage the PA Wilds brand and connect with new market opportunities, including: the Wilds Cooperative of PA, a network of more than 575 place-based businesses and organizations, and the PA Wilds Conservation Shop, a retail outlet primarily featuring products sourced from the WCO. For more information on the PA Wilds Center, visit www.PAWildsCenter.org. To learn more about the WCO, visit www.WildsCoPA.org. Explore the PA Wilds at www.PAWilds.com. Find regionally made products at www.ShopThePAWilds.com.
- The Golden Axe: Embracing the thrill of axe throwingClinton County’s entertainment scene has just been infused with a dose of exhilarating competition and shared laughter: The Golden Axe. This isn’t your rustic backyard axe toss! Located along the I-80 Frontier right in downtown Lock Haven is this state-of-the-art venue meticulously designed for an unparalleled axe-throwing experience. Owners Travis and Beth welcome both seasoned competitors and curious newcomers.
- Innovators invited to apply for 2024 PA Wilds Big Idea Contest, chance to win $50,000You Could Win $50,000 for your BIG IDEA! Calling All Visionaries in Cameron, Clinton, Lycoming, Potter, and Tioga Counties, PA! Are you a trailblazing entrepreneur with a game-changing idea in the maker economy, outdoors and recreation, forest products, manufacturing, or technology? Your innovation could be the spark that transforms industries and landscapes. Welcome to the Big Idea Contest: Where WILD Ideas Thrive!
- Laughing Owl Press: Personalizing art through letterpress printingAndrea and Joe Lanich started Laughing Owl Press in a two-car garage in New Jersey, selling on Etsy. They have since traded in their jobs as an architect and engineer to move home and open a storefront in the Pennsylvania Wilds, counting themselves among the approximately 200 larger letterpress printers in the United States.