Information below is intended to be a helpful resource for locating financial assistance and information about maintaining a safe workplace for businesses operating during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is not an exhaustive list of available resources available. Click the buttons and links below to learn more.
GUIDANCE FOR BUSINESSES + RESTAURANTS
The Wolf Administration offers guidance online through the administration’s guidance for businesses and guidance for businesses in the restaurant industry.
The Open & Certified Pennsylvania process is still open for restaurants that are interested in self-certifying to increase indoor capacity. There is no cost to self-certify and restaurants can access the online self-certification form. Self-certified restaurants can promote their status with provided branded signage and consumers can search the Open & Certified database to confirm what businesses near them have self-certified. Business owners with additional questions about the self-certification program can contact email@example.com and view Frequently Asked Questions as a reference for restaurant owners and the public.
Newly updated orders and guidance, which take place Sunday, April 4, are available online: Governor’s Order, as amended. Secretary of Health Order, as amended. Frequently Asked Questions. Also starting Sunday, April 4, telework for businesses will be highly encouraged; previously, telework was to be used unless it was not possible to do so.
LOANS & FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): If you received a PPP loan, you may be eligible for loan forgiveness. To apply for loan forgiveness, contact your lender and complete the correct form; compile documentation; submit the forgiveness form and documentation to your lender; and communicate with your lender throughout the process. Learn more
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL): If your COVID-19 EIDL was declined, you can request reconsideration within six months of the date of the decline letter. Include your application number and information required to overcome the reason for decline. You can send this information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, Texas, 76155. Learn more
- The SBA encourages businesses to beware of malicious COVID-19 phishing. To protect yourself from identity theft and fraud during pandemic recovery, confirm any SBA disaster assistance emails by contacting (800)659-2955 or email@example.com. To avoid scams and fraud, visit www.sba.gov/COVIDfraudalert.
RESOURCES FOR EMPLOYERS / WORKFORCE
SAFE OPERATION RECOMMENDATIONS
Connect with your local providers to see how they may be able to connect you with services specific to your needs.
SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTERS (SBDCs)
- Clarion University SBDC (Clarion, Clearfield, Jefferson, Elk, Forest, McKean, Potter, Cameron) – https://clarion.edu/sbdc/index.html
- Gannon University SBDC (Warren) – https://www.sbdcgannon.org/
- Penn State SBDC (Centre, Clinton, Lycoming) – https://sbdc.psu.edu/
- Scranton University SBDC (Tioga) – http://www.scrantonsbdc.com/
LOCAL DEVELOPMENT DISTRICTS
- North Central Regional Planning & Development Commission (McKean, Potter, Cameron, Elk, Jefferson and Clearfield) – www.ncentral.com
- Northern Tier Regional Planning & Development Commission (Tioga) – www.northerntier.org
- Northwest Pennsylvania Regional Planning & Development Commission (Warren, Forest, Clarion) – www.northwestpa.org
- SEDA – Council of Governments (Centre, Clinton, Lycoming) – www.seda-cog.org
RECENT NEWS & OPPORTUNITIES
WEBINARS + EVENTS
Note: A majority of the business development workshops listed below are virtual webinars. Members of the WCO are also invited to submit their own events here.
‘Refining the Retail New Normal’
Penn State Extension also offers a recorded webinar series, ‘Refining the Retail New Normal’ which people can access on-demand. The series covers the following topics:
- Best Practices for the Future
- Creating Safe and Clean Retail Interactions
- The Customer Experience
- Clean and Safe Point of Sale System Options