Art in the Wilds accepting applications for 2022 event
Artists are invited to apply to participate in the 2022 Art in the Wilds juried show by March 15. The event is held in Kane, a community located in the Allegheny National Forest and Surrounds landscape of the PA Wilds.
The Art in the Wilds juried show features quality fine art and fine craft, especially work that highlights the best of the region.
Some basic rules / eligibility criteria:
- Only original hand-made works are accepted.
- Commercially or mass-produced items are not eligible. Art in the Wilds has the right to exclude items which are deemed commercial or do not conform to the committee’s standard for creativity, originality or are inappropriate for family viewing.
- Other items not accepted include items made from kits, commercial molds, logos or patterns, mass-produced items and work on mass-produced items, dried florals, calendars, shells, soaps and edible items.
- Only items consistent with those represented by entry photos are accepted. Artists may sell works in different categories provided each category was submitted and accepted.
- Food and drink artisans are currently not accepted.
The outdoor event will take place rain or shine at Evergreen Park from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, June 25 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, June 26. The artist whose work is accepted must be present for the entire show must stay fully set up the entire time. Tear-down begins at 4 p.m. on Sunday.
The application process includes an online application, the submission of photos via email, and payment of fees. All work is evaluated using a ‘blind jury’ system. Jurors do not see artists’ names or other identifiers. Artists are asked to input their artist statement and process description without names or other specific identifying information.
Notification of acceptance status will be made by March 31, 2022.
See complete details and apply here.
RECENT WCO NEWS & UPDATES
- The Golden Axe: Embracing the thrill of axe throwingClinton County’s entertainment scene has just been infused with a dose of exhilarating competition and shared laughter: The Golden Axe. This isn’t your rustic backyard axe toss! Located along the I-80 Frontier right in downtown Lock Haven is this state-of-the-art venue meticulously designed for an unparalleled axe-throwing experience. Owners Travis and Beth welcome both seasoned competitors and curious newcomers.
- Innovators invited to apply for 2024 PA Wilds Big Idea Contest, chance to win $50,000You Could Win $50,000 for your BIG IDEA! Calling All Visionaries in Cameron, Clinton, Lycoming, Potter, and Tioga Counties, PA! Are you a trailblazing entrepreneur with a game-changing idea in the maker economy, outdoors and recreation, forest products, manufacturing, or technology? Your innovation could be the spark that transforms industries and landscapes. Welcome to the Big Idea Contest: Where WILD Ideas Thrive!
- Laughing Owl Press: Personalizing art through letterpress printingAndrea and Joe Lanich started Laughing Owl Press in a two-car garage in New Jersey, selling on Etsy. They have since traded in their jobs as an architect and engineer to move home and open a storefront in the Pennsylvania Wilds, counting themselves among the approximately 200 larger letterpress printers in the United States.