Call for Artists: Entries to participate in LH JAMS Festival due by July 24
Creative Makers in the Wilds Cooperative of PA are invited to participate in the 6th Annual Lock Haven Jams & Art on Main Street (LH JAMS) Festival, slated for Saturday August 14, 2021.
The LH JAMS Festival features a full day of live musical entertainment in downtown Lock Haven, as well as artisan exhibitors, food and drink vendors, and more!
Organized by the Clinton County Arts Council (CCAC) / The Station Gallery, a WCO member and recipient of the Champion of the PA Wilds Best Places Award, the festival is meant to bring together local talented artists to sell, exhibit and/or demonstrate their work while providing an enjoyable event on Main Street during the best part of the summertime.
The CCAC recently announced that Co Townes, an alt-country / western band that is also a WCO member, will be one of the performers in this year’s festival.
Fine artists and craftspeople are invited to apply to participate in the juried event. Limited spaces are available, and the festival is held rain or shine.
EVENT DETAILS + ENTRY INFORMATION
- Event Date: Saturday, August 14, 2021
- Event Time: 10:00 a.m. – 7 p.m. for exhibitor sales, music runs through 8: 30 p.m.
- Entry Deadline: July 24, 2021
- Exhibitor Fee: $25.00, paid once accepted. Entry fee is nonrefundable. Space is not confirmed until payment received.
- Exhibitor spaces are 10’ x 10’. Artists provide their own white 10’ x 10’ show tent with four sides must be provided by the artist. It will be securely attached to the ground in case of unexpected high winds. Artists provide all display materials and chairs. Electricity is not provided.
- Exhibitor set up will be Saturday, August 14, 8:30 a.m.-10:00 a.m. Artists must be ready to set up and sell by 10:00 a.m. on Saturday. After unloading, exhibitors will be directed to park your vehicle in the assigned spot for vendors.
- Exhibitor take down will be between 7 and 10 p.m. All booths must vacate the Main Street area by 10 p.m.
- Accepted artists will get further details.
RULES OF ENTRY:
- Only original hand-made works will be accepted.
- Items not permitted to be sold at the event include: commercially or mass-produced items; any type of buy/sell items; and items made from kits, commercial molds, logos or patterns, or mass-produced items.
- Reproductions (prints) of the artist’s work may be displayed for sale only if they are archival, high quality, limited editions.
- The CCAC has the right to exclude items which are considered commercial or do not conform to the committee’s standard for creativity and originality or are inappropriate for family viewing.
- Artists may sell works in different categories provided each category was submitted and accepted, but only items consistent with those represented by the entry photos are acceptable.
- The artist whose work has been accepted must be present for the whole show from 10 AM until 7 PM on Saturday. There are no stand-ins or artist representatives permitted.
- Each artist is responsible for the collection and payment of the 6% PA sales tax.
- Each artist is responsible for setting up, and for the removal of art and displays. Please keep your area clean and left unchanged as you found it.
- The committee has the right to exclude and/or evict from the show without refund any artist who fails to follow these rules.
- Please note that rules are subject to change.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN ENTERING:
Juried artists will be reviewed with these qualities in mind:
- How original and creative is the work?
- Is the work using a high level of technique and does it use good elements of design?
- Does the booth/display present the work well and look attractive and inviting?
- Is the work something that will sell well at this festival?
- Do I have enough work to show at the festival booth all day?
HOW TO ENTER:
- Curate three (3) digital photos of your most current artwork, and one of your booth/display.
- Format your photos as JPEGs, 3” x 5” size with a resolution of 200 dpi — or no larger than 1.75 MB in file size.
- Submit your images via the vendor application form at LHJAMS.org
- Note: Submission of accepted entry photos constitutes the artist’s permission for their use in general publicity and show marketing.