COVID-19 Common Application Grant open to nonprofits in 3 PA Wilds counties
Application Deadline July 29
Nonprofit organizations in the Pennsylvania Wilds counties of Clinton, Lycoming and Tioga may be eligible to apply for grants through the COVID-19 Common Application established by the First Community Foundation Partnership of Pennsylvania (FCFP), Charles B. Degenstein Foundation, Charles and Betty Degenstein Foundation, The 1994 Charles B. Degenstein Foundation (collectively the Degenstein Foundations) and the Greater Susquehanna Valley United Way.
The COVID-19 Common Application will be used to grant a collective total of $1,124,600 in northcentral Pennsylvania as follows:
- Degenstein Foundations = $500,000
- First Community Foundation Partnership of Pennsylvania = $524,600
- Greater Susquehanna Valley United Way = $100,000
While the funders are using the same application and will coordinate funding as to avoid duplication of service, each funder will have the final authority to grant as determined by their board of directors.
Nonprofits applying for funding must be a public agency, a current 501(c)(3) or a fiscal sponsor with this designation.
Applicants must serve residents of Bradford, Clinton, Columbia, Lycoming, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder, Sullivan, Tioga or Union Counties.
Grant requests can range from $5,000 to $50,000. Larger grants will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
All funders have an interest in assisting nonprofits and the people they serve with a focus on:
- Supporting the most vulnerable in our communities
- Ensuring residents have access to basic needs such as housing, food, education, safety, healthcare and transportation
- Helping displaced workers and disruptions to the economy
- Supporting nonprofit funding streams impacted by loss of income
- Supporting nonprofits in need of funding new initiatives as a result of COVID-19
Criteria for funding sources:
- FCFP Tree House Fund will be providing funding to support children and youth programming in Bradford, Clinton, Lycoming, Sullivan, Susquehanna, and Tioga Counties.
- FCFP COVID-19 United Community Funds will be providing funding for organizations serving Columbia, Lycoming, Montour, Northumberland, Sullivan, Snyder, and Union Counties.
- FCFP Bernard and Eva Bredbenner Fund will be providing funding to support children and youth programming in Columbia, Lycoming, and Montour Counties.
- FCFP Pearls with a Passion Fund will be providing funding for organizations serving Lycoming and Union Counties. Preference given to organizations or programs that empower women.
|Click here for complete guidelines, grantmaking goals and fund priorities.|
Applications will be accepted until Noon on Wednesday, July 29
Application is accessible through FCFP’s online web portal
Funders will communicate funding decisions to applicants by September 17
For additional information email Betty Gilmour, Director of Grantmaking