Find out who will win up to $50,000 at the PA Wilds $50K BIG IDEA final pitch event
Tune in on Thursday, June 9th from 2-5 pm for the PA Wilds $50K BIG IDEA Contest final pitch event at North Central LaunchBox in DuBois, PA. RSVP below to attend live or virtually via ZOOM.
In partnership with the PA Wilds Center for Entrepreneurship, Ben Franklin Technology Partners recently sponsored a BIG IDEA contest targeting innovators working in the maker economy, forest products, outdoors and recreation, and even tech-manufacturing. The winner will receive a prize package that includes:
- Up to $50,000 in cash
- The opportunity to win an additional $2,500 in the People’s Choice Award sponsored by CNB Bank
- The chance to pitch the business concept for a $10,000 seed grant from Ben Franklin
- A guaranteed seat in an upcoming business accelerator program.
Please join in to cheer on these regional entrepreneurs and finalists as they pitch their business concepts to a team of independent judges.
CHECK OUT THE FINALISTS!
- American Precast Industries
- Billett Electric
- Brinc Building Products
- Nimbus-T Global
- The PA Mushroom Company
Stay for a fun networking event, sponsored by Just Realty, following the presentations. Those who prefer to attend virtually via Zoom will receive the link after registering.
WHEN: Thursday, June 9, 2022
WHERE: North Central PA LaunchBox, Powered by Penn State DuBois (2 East Long Avenue, DuBois, PA 15801) ZOOM option also available
WHEN: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
RECENT WCO NEWS + UPDATES
- PennWest Clarion SBDC: Empowering entrepreneurs to build successful businessesThe PennWest Clarion Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is located within the PennWest Clarion University campus, right in the I-80 Frontier landscape of the Pennsylvania Wilds and just a short drive from Cook Forest and the Ancients.
- Hygrade Inn: The Makings of a Memorable Stay in the PA WildsThe Hygrade Inn is nestled in Cameron County, located on the edge of the Dark Skies and Elk Country Landscapes of the PA Wilds. Built in 1880, the home that houses the Hygrade Inn has been a fixture on the tree-lined Main Street of Emporium for well over a century.
- Sugar Mama’s Appalachian Maple: Producing one-of-a-kind sweet treats with maple syrupRachel Courtney is the owner of Sugar Mama’s Appalachian Maple. Her interest in maple production was piqued at a young age after having a positive and delectable experience hanging out with a local maple producer.