Friends of the WCO
Although your business or organization is not located in the Pennsylvania Wilds, you provide resources or services that support the region’s businesses or the environment, helping our rural region thrive.
Friends of the WCO (Wilds Cooperative of Pennsylvania) receive different benefits and have different requirements than traditional members of the WCO. Being a Friend of the WCO makes you a part of a select group that is promoted to other members as a resource! Join us as we cultivate true economic opportunities for our region’s businesses by leveraging the power of our place-based brand.
Examples of organizations that might be interested in joining as Friends of the WCO:
- A guide service not based in the PA Wilds that provides outfitter or guide experiences in the PA Wilds.
- An event planner or organization that is not based in the PA Wilds but organizes events that take place in the region.
- A manufacturer or maker that helps PA Wilds businesses scale or that fills a gap in products not currently made in the PA Wilds.
- An organization or individual who provides services for PA Wilds entrepreneurs, helping them to learn and grow.
- A statewide agency or organization not located in the PA Wilds that offers grants or financing, technical assistance, or other services that support businesses, communities or natural spaces in the region.
- Included in Friends of WCO Directory. This directory will serve as an auxiliary resource for WCO members and partners. Connect with businesses and nonprofit organizations rooted in the Wilds through your member profile!
- Networking and socialization opportunities.
- Access to digital and printed PA Wilds branding assets
- Ability to share your PA Wilds based events, updates and offerings with WCO members and PA Wilds audience.
- Ability to share your PA Wilds experiences with us for promotion on the PA Wilds Are Calling blog.
- Potential opportunities to sell wholesale with PA Wilds Conservation Shop. Ninety percent of products sourced for PA Wilds Conservation Shop gift stores are from Wilds Cooperative of PA members based in the PA Wilds. However, the other ten percent is sourced from other partners to fill specific thematic product needs at our shops, based on customer demand. Examples include, conductor hats and train whistles for the shop at Kinzua Bridge State Park and hiking stick medallions.
- Potential contract opportunities with PA Wilds Center for Entrepreneurship, Inc., the nonprofit that manages the Wilds Cooperative of PA network.
- Must be located in Pennsylvania.
- Maintain regular upkeep of your WCO profile / account.
- Meet all other eligibility requirements, aside from physical location of organization. Review our member eligibility requirements and other guidelines before applying to be sure you’re a fit.
- For-profit businesses are assessed dues in the amount of $120/year, which support the PA Wilds Center’s mission to integrate conservation and economic development in the Pennsylvania Wilds region.
And you’re 3 steps away from making
your membership happen.
STEP 1: VERIFICATION
The Friends of the WCO application is for businesses and organizations NOT located in the 13-county PA Wilds region.
The Pennsylvania Wilds includes the following counties: Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Elk, Forest, Jefferson, Lycoming, McKean, Potter, Tioga, Warren and northern Centre. If your business or organization IS located in the PA Wilds region, you should apply as a regular WCO member here.
STEP 2: APPLY
If you are NOT located in the PA Wilds region, complete the application below to be considered as a Friend of the WCO.
Your application becomes your profile, which is promoted in the member directory. Please be thorough in completing the application.
STEP 3: WAIT
After submitting your application there will be a 24-48 hour review period as our team makes sure you’re a fit for our program.
Once accepted you’ll receive notification via email.
You will be able to access your account at any time by logging in with the email address associated with your account here.
Complete the following application form
YOU'LL BE IN GOOD COMPANY
Browse the WCO Directory to meet other members of the network!
READY TO EXPLORE MORE?
Learn more about the WCO, our place-based network of creative entrepreneurs and organizations.
MEET THE NETWORK
Find out who else has taken the leap to join the Wilds Cooperative network.
NEWS + UPDATES
Find more news and updates related to WCO programs and members.