Outdoor Recreation Plan Webinar Series Announced
Pennsylvania’s new statewide outdoor recreation plan, Recreation for All, is now available. To help recreation professionals learn more about the plan, the Bureau of Recreation and Conservation will host a series of fall webinars about it.
This plan sets Pennsylvania’s outdoor recreation priorities for the next five years. We encourage outdoor enthusiasts and providers to listen in. You’ll learn how you can help ensure outdoor recreation in Pennsylvania is welcoming and enjoyable to all.
Those who plan to submit grant applications in 2021 are particularly encouraged to attend, since projects should connect to the new plan.
The webinars will take place from 11:00 AM to noon in October and November. Webinars are free, but advance registration is required. Each webinar will focus on one of the plan’s five priority areas:
- Thursday, October 15 – Recreation for All: Ensuring Equity in Access to Pennsylvania’s Outdoors
- Thursday, October 22 – Sustainable Systems: Protecting and Adapting Our Resources
- Thursday, October 29 – Funding and Economic Development: Elevating Outdoor Recreation
- Thursday, November 5 – Technology: New Tools to Improve Engagement
- Tuesday, November 10 – Health and Wellness: Promoting Healthy Living through Outdoor Connections
The Bureau of Recreation and Conservation is hosting the webinars in partnership with WeConservePA. For more information about the outdoor recreation plan, see this article in DCNR’s Good Natured blog.