A Wilds Cooperative of PA
Online Sales Experience
ABOUT THE (VIRTUAL) EVENT
OCTOBER 23, 2021
10 AM – 4 PM
You MAKE things. You MAKE experiences.
Here’s an opportunity to SELL them!
This online exhibitor event features products, services + experiences only found in the Pennsylvania Wilds.
WCO Makers showcase their products and services in virtual booths. Shoppers can chat with them live, see a demonstration, and more!
Show off your WILD things!October 23, 2021
And by WILD things, we mean your amazing products, services and experiences that reflect our region’s natural beauty, bounty and rural traditions. The PA Wilds Makers Market is a virtual event designed to help you connect with new audiences and sell more products.
HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE
Update your WCO profile to include a full gallery of photos representing your work! Your profile is your vendor tile.
Between the LIVE portions of the event, we’ll be playing prerecorded videos and ads from WCO members!
GO LIVE WITH US
Provide a live demonstration, tour or interview in your studio space (30 or 40 minutes – limited availability)!
Where does the event take place?
The PA Wilds Makers Market is a virtual event that currently takes place 100% online. The event culminates with one day of live streaming.
- PA Wilds and the WCO promote the event and participants leading up to event day.
- A special WCO Directory is created to display only members who are participating in the PA Wilds Makers Market. (See the 2020 directory here, for example.)
- The directory will be displayed on the event page on our visitor platform: www.PAWilds.com/makers-market.
- On event day, a live stream video will be displayed on the event page that will allow participants to go live by providing a demonstration, tour or interview.
Is there a fee to participate?
Yes, there is a fee of $25 to participate in this event. A portion of the fee goes toward advertising your business on social media for the event.
What are the minimum requirements to participate?
To participate, you must:
- be a Creative Maker member of the Wilds Cooperative of PA.
- be willing to update your WCO profile
- pay a $25 fee (note: a portion of this fee covers individualized advertising for your business on social media for the event)
- help promote the event
Do I need to have an online shop to participate?
While having an online shop presence is ideal, it is not required.
Because WCO profiles are how businesses are promoted in the virtual event space, it is critical that all participating sellers ensure their WCO profiles are up to date. Profiles should include photos of your work, have a completed “business card” section,” and clearly state how shoppers can place an order with you. This is especially important for sellers who do not have another website or sales platform.
Example language: To place an order, email me at email@example.com and indicate which item you are interested in ordering and the quantity. Payments accepted include check, Venmo, PayPal, etc.
WHAT WCO MEMBERS ARE SAYING
The Makers Market has been a great way to get my business’ name and the Wilds Cooperative name out, and I’ve had a lot of success with my participation. Despite not being able to take part in an in-person event, I’ve surpassed my sales expectations for 2020 by participating in these!
I personally enjoyed seeing all the other artisans who participated…. And this event led to two new customers for me, ones I would never have met locally.
- Create opportunities for rural entrepreneurs to sell products and services to help offset loss of festival opportunities caused by COVID-19 pandemic
- Raise awareness about the PA Wilds as a place and the Wilds Cooperative of PA as a resource for finding locally-crafted products, services and experiences
- Invest in sense of community among rural entrepreneurs in the PA Wilds during this challenging time
THE FINE PRINT
WHO ARE THE MAKERS:
- PA Wilds Makers Market participants are members of The Wilds Cooperative of PA (WCO). The WCO is a network of more than 350 artisans, businesses and organizations based in the PA Wilds that seeks to connect regional visitors with products, services and experiences only found in the region. The WCO helps members leverage the PA Wilds brand to grow their operations and it is free to join. Learn more here.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR EVENT:
- The PA Wilds Maker Market is an online event designed to help people source products, services and experiences only found in the PA Wilds from the comfort of … anywhere. It is a real-time event with opportunities to chat one-on-one via virtual “vendor booths.”
- Vendor content must comply with WCO eligibility standards (i.e. no use of political statements, nudity, clip art, etc.). All users are asked to be respectful and not post spam.
ADDITIONAL WAYS TO SUPPORT THE PA WILDS:
Purchases at ShopthePaWilds.com support rural small businesses and producers. Ninety percent of products are made in the Pennsylvania Wilds by artisans and producers. You may also donate to the Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation (PPFF) upon checkout, which financially supports the 29 state parks and 8 state forests in the Pennsylvania Wilds!