Water Trail Mini Grant Program Now Accepting Applications
The Pennsylvania Water Trails Mini Grant Program is now accepting applications for 2021. The application window ends at midnight on Friday, July 2.
The PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) helps fund the mini grant program with support from the Environmental Stewardship Fund.
Eligible projects improve access on designated Pennsylvania Water Trails. Example projects include:
- Physical access — such as new boat ramps, campsites, and bathrooms
- Informational access — such as updated maps, interpretive signs, and websites
Some important information about the grants:
- Mini grants are available up to $5,000 with a 1:1 match. Match can be cash or in-kind.
- Projects should be completed within one calendar year (by August 2022).
- Projects do not have to be done by the water trail’s management organization.
- They just have to be on a designated water trail.
Submit an online application on the Pennsylvania Environmental Council website. Awards will be announced at the end of July.
The Pennsylvania Environmental Council works in partnership with DCNR, the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission, and the National Park Service to direct the Pennsylvania Water Trails Program.
RECENT UPDATES FROM THE WCO NETWORK
- The Golden Axe: Embracing the thrill of axe throwing
- Innovators invited to apply for 2024 PA Wilds Big Idea Contest, chance to win $50,000
- Laughing Owl Press: Personalizing art through letterpress printing
- Penn State SBDC Business Plan Bootcamp – Applications Due Dec. 29
- PennWest Clarion SBDC: Empowering entrepreneurs to build successful businesses
- Hygrade Inn: The Makings of a Memorable Stay in the PA Wilds