Water Trail Mini Grant Program Now Accepting Applications
The Pennsylvania Water Trails Mini Grant Program is now accepting applications for 2021. The application window ends at midnight on Friday, July 2.
The PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) helps fund the mini grant program with support from the Environmental Stewardship Fund.
Eligible projects improve access on designated Pennsylvania Water Trails. Example projects include:
- Physical access — such as new boat ramps, campsites, and bathrooms
- Informational access — such as updated maps, interpretive signs, and websites
Some important information about the grants:
- Mini grants are available up to $5,000 with a 1:1 match. Match can be cash or in-kind.
- Projects should be completed within one calendar year (by August 2022).
- Projects do not have to be done by the water trail’s management organization.
- They just have to be on a designated water trail.
Submit an online application on the Pennsylvania Environmental Council website. Awards will be announced at the end of July.
The Pennsylvania Environmental Council works in partnership with DCNR, the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission, and the National Park Service to direct the Pennsylvania Water Trails Program.
RECENT UPDATES FROM THE WCO NETWORK
- PA Route 6 Alliance: Supporting a scenic heritage corridor
- Wilds Cooperative members can sign up for PA Wilds Marketplace, Makers Market
- New Trail Brewing Co : Inviting us to take new adventures
- From Construction to Woodturning: How Scott Gnan Found His Niche
- WCO Creative Maker applications due by September 18 for 2023 Fall Jury Review
- Explore PA Wilds made products, services, branded goods and local shops in the 2023 Buyer’s Guide