The PA Wilds Center for Entrepreneurship has launched a Facebook Live video series for small businesses in the Wilds Cooperative to share how they are pivoting to survive the coronavirus crisis. PA Wilds Center Founder and CEO Ta Enos invites you to tune in and contribute.
Cross-pollinate ideas, approaches and resources that small businesses and entrepreneurs in the PA Wilds are using to get their companies through the COVID-19 pandemic.
Invest in the sense of community among rural entrepreneurs in the PA Wilds during this challenging time.
Raise awareness about the role small businesses play in the region’s rural economy, the challenges these companies face with the pandemic, and ways communities and customers can help.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply to participate!
Applications are currently not being accepted. Check back soon to apply here.
Schedule your LIVE slot.
If you sign up to go LIVE, we’ll send you a link so you can schedule your slot for the event.
Promote your participation!
Let your followers know all about your participation. Use this event graphic to share!
Go live and sell stuff!
Whether scheduled for a live slot or just sharing pictures — don’t forget to tune in!
HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE
The COVID-19 pandemic and mitigation efforts have affected us all — but the small business community has been impacted particularly hard. We want to hear how your business is adapting to this crisis. We’re in this together, and now is the time to lift one another up by sharing our stories.
Live interviews with entrepreneurs will be posted on Facebook on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Interviews will also be posted to the blog as transcripts, along with the video footage. Follow along as entrepreneurs share their stories, and learn more about how the Wilds are Working.
- The goal of the Wilds Are Working: Rural Entrepreneurship in Uncharted Times series is to provide a forum where entrepreneurs and small businesses in the Pennsylvania Wilds can learn from one another, find community, and harness support.
- The PA Wilds Center is allocating $25,000 toward this Facebook live series. Business owners will be paid $250 to participate in a 5-10 minute interview about how they are pivoting their company during these challenging times. Once the $25,000 investment is expended, the program will continue based on available funds and volunteer submissions.
- Businesses must be located in the Pennsylvania Wilds (counties: Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Elk, Forest, Jefferson, Lycoming, McKean, Potter, Tioga, Warren, and northern Centre).
- All applicants must be members of the Wilds Cooperative of PA (free to join). The following membership types are eligible to be paid for content: Professional level Creative Makers and Creative Industry Partners; as well as Experience Maker Host Sites, Trading Posts and Field Guides. Community Partners may submit voluntary submissions and may also inquire about participating as an interviewer. Learn more via email here.
- Only one paid submission is permitted within a 30-day period. Additional volunteer submissions are invited.
- Entrepreneurs must be willing to do a live interview.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION:
- Computer/laptop with webcam
- Chrome/Safari browser
- Stable internet access (If internet access is a challenge, please contact us directly via email here.)
- Facebook or YouTube account
HOW TO SUPPORT THIS SERIES:
Help the PA Wilds Center support regional businesses by donating to this campaign. All donations will be used to pay Wilds Cooperative Members for sharing their stories.
ADDITIONAL WAYS TO SUPPORT THE PA WILDS:
Purchases at ShopthePaWilds.com support rural small businesses and producers. Ninety percent of products are made in the Pennsylvania Wilds by artisans and producers. You may also donate to the Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation (PPFF) upon checkout, which financially supports the 29 state parks and 8 state forests in the Pennsylvania Wilds!